Decellularized tissue-based scaffolds are used in many tissue repair applications. Annoviant’s unique TxGuard™ technology allows tissue to be stabilized by physical crosslinking with an antioxidant agent that allows host cell repopulation of the scaffold when implanted without causing rapid degradation of scaffold. This allows infiltrated cells to develop their own matrix as the old matrix slowly degrades.
Breakthrough innovations. A world of applications.
- Any decellularized tissue (allograft, xenograft) can be physically stabilized so it retains its strength, pliability, and suture strength. It can be stored ready to use for two years.
- Immunogenic cellular materials are removed to make the scaffold less immunogenic.
- Antioxidant present in the tissue prevents oxidative damage to the tissue during remodeling.
- No in vitro bioreactor/stem cell manipulation required thus less stringent FDA requirement.
- TxGuard technology makes scaffold resistant to calcification and thrombosis.
- TxGuard promote remodeling of scaffold while reducing inflammatory response.
- Possibility of remodeling/growth especially for juvenile patients